A successful private chat is one where the chatter is happy and satisfied. Sure you can take your clothes off and perform, but if you learn how to engage the chatter properly, you'll find yourself with a lot of regulars and won't need to do much free chat. The goal is to keep them coming back.
Now that you are in an exclusive chat your attention should be on the one chatter in the room. They are paying more for your undivided attention so give it to them. Some models reserve certain things for exclusive only. This is not recommended. Models who don't reserve anything still get exclusives. What you really want are group chats because many people can watch you at the same time. You make more money in group than in exclusives.
Read your customers. A lot of chatters use exclusive to get to know a cam model better. It's okay to jump right in but if they want to talk don't be afraid to. It's a much more intimate setting for the chatter so have fun with it. Occasionally you will get "talkers" they are chatters who don't want anything sexual. Typically these chatters won't do a show with you if you don't have a welcoming personality. So what they do is take you exclusive to see how you act one on one. Be yourself and be happy that they are there talking to you.
Use their name or nick name, make a nick name for the time being just to be more personal. To make your chatter feel more comfortable and involved in the show you should always use their name. Sometimes they tell you their real first name so you can say it for them. It's fun for the chatter and more realistic.
The more you are willing to do the higher diversity you will have in chatters. Different people like different things so the more you do the more chatters you'll have returning to your chat.
There is a role play called the GFE or the girlfriend experience. I do not recommend saying I love you to a chatter. Some people out there are very lonely and may take you seriously. The last thing you want is a chatter who won't leave you alone in public chat or flooding your inbox. It's easy to block them, but think twice if they are a good paying customer. It's up to you and how comfortable you feel with that person around.
This part is a lot of fun it's really cool to have chatters send you gifts. But keep in mind that the more gifts they send you the less time they spend in chat. So if your goal is to make as much money as possible then try to keep gifts out of the conversation. If a chatter asks you in a pm if you want a new toy or outfit and you need it then go for it. But if the conversation arises in public chat you could end up with a lot of gifts and not as many privates.
Do research and find out what the best care is for your toys and props. Improper toy care can lead to nasty infections, which keeps you from working. You should never work if your body isn't healthy enough.
Reading customers is very important but it's hard because you can't hear tone in written words. Sarcasm is hard to read unless they use an emoticon. Chatter's have feelings too, don't make them feel ashamed of their sexual preferences.
Surprisingly a lot of chatters will come to a cam model and want to talk AND see a show. Sometimes their lives are really hard and they just want to vent. Listen to them and don't hurt their feelings if they share something really intimate. It's better to stay out of their lives but if someone is going to spill their emotions it's best just to listen and try to be sincere.
A really great aspect of cam modeling is making money when you aren't online. If you have a lot of pictures on your profile it will motivate the chatter to come back to your room when you are scheduled next. You really should make videos for your profile too. Chatters can buy them and you make money when you aren't working.
- Always smile
- Keep the chat moving in a positive direction, toward sex.
- Keep your chatters engaged in conversation
- Always respond to messages in your inbox. It will give you repeat customers.
- Look into your camera
- Use nick names and screen names to address chatters
- Focus on what you are doing, keeping your job somewhere in the back of your mind helps your get more privates. Have fun but remember you are working.
- Be prepared
- Be on time with your schedule
- Have fun whenever your cam is on!
- Don't break any rules, telling one or two chatters no is better than a suspension from work. Don't break the rules
- Never say I love you to a chatter
- Don't type, talk!
- Never leave your work area
- Never, ever give out personal information like your name. It jeopardizes your safety and your job.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions, you don't want to be in the dark about anything.
- Try very hard to keep your chatters at a safe distance. Don't choose any favorites because it may cause other chatters to become jealous.
- Don't make fun of any group of people or show personal prejudice about anyone. If you single out a group of people based on your personal judgments it can severely change your customer base. Never make fun of anyone on cam.
- Don't bring up religion or politics. Firstly because chatters want to get away from life when they come see you. Secondly you may offend someone and then they may not come back. Thirdly you may take your chat into a serious direction, which can lead paying customers out of the chat.
- Don't do anything you don't want to. You personal safety and comfort are your first priority. If a chatter doesn't like that they can accept it or get out of your chat.